Monday, November 29, 2004

Procrastination

One of my biggest issues.

I have always had problems with procrastinating, but within last year the problem got really huge. I don't know if it's because of staying at home, or because of any other reason, but now I leave things until well past the very last minute.

Like now e.g. when I should be learning for my exam. But you know blogging is more important LOL. I still have a hope that I will manage, but this way I won't know until I get the paper back. It's not even a boring class, I really enjoy it. So I don't really know why I am procrastinating that much. I think that's bothering me the most. That I don't know why I am procrastinating. It's not that I'm bored or tired, or whatever. OK, last week was more difficult for me than I want to admit, but I am already better now. I COULD be learning already. But I'm not. Why?

I am not even stitching either. I had a lot of time this evening and I only did a little bit of backstitching. I am alerady behid with my mini-rotation plans too. And there's less and less time left (only 7 weeks approx.) OK, I'm not even sure any more if I want to enter the pieces in the show in Lodz, but I would like to finish them nonetheless.

I want to finish 5 pieces before adding new pieces to my rotation. The three from my mini-rotation (HCS, Flowers of Joy and Catch the Wind) and the two that are close to being finished: Weeping Wisteria and French Mystery Garden. Then I would have plenty of space for new starts (including the ones I have just ordered)

So why on Earth, am I procrastinating? Why am I sitting on my a** waiting for things to happen? They won't until I actually DO something.

I think this is going to be my main goal next year. To stop or at least significantly diminish my procrastination. I hope I will do good on this goal, this years goals, although I could do better, were not that bad. If I keep losing 1 lb per week now, I will have lost 30 out of the 50 lbs I wanted to lose. I kept working on other goals as well, I got my Bachelor's, have a new Thursday friend, etc. So maybe if I set this as a goal for next year I will do better? But you know, I will put it off... till next year!!!

I think I'm a master of procrastination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home