Sunday, November 14, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Another thing I am going to copy from Rachel :) Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week - the complete edition :)

October 11, 2004
You've just been given a $100 gift certificate to buy anything cross stitch or needlework related - what would you spend it on right now?
At the moment I would immediately order Dimensions Gracious Era and Winter's Lace. Except for them I would get a couple of Vikki Clayton silks (for the underwater sampler I would like to design) and a ribbon for it. As there still would be some money left, I think I would get one of the "geographical" samplers Jeannette Douglas designs. I don't knwo whcih one, though. They are all so pretty.
I know I am not very original in my choices, but with all the enabling on the Rotation and Dimensions boards, it's hard to resist.

October 25, 2004
What are you working on right now?

At the moment I am working on Victoria Sampler Heirloom Christams Sampler. It is in my new small rotation (see next post) and I've just started it. It has a deadline on Jan 15 (approx.) as I want to enter it in the stitching show in my home town. I have had some problems with the four sided stitches on it, and for a cuple of days did not enjoy stitching at all. Now the problems are solved and although the stitches are not perfect, I am happy to be done with them. I still have the evil tree to stitch (it's only halfway done).

November 01, 2004
What would you do if stitching was banished by law?

Oh, that's tough. I don't know if I would continue to stitch hoping no one will ever know, or I would look for another hobby. I do enjoy stitching immensely, but I'm not addicted and I don't knwo if I would risk a punishment for it. But I would surely miss it awfully, it's such a nice, portable hobby.

November 08, 2004
What project has been a WIP/UFO the longest? Or what project took you the longest to complete?
I have been stitching for a couple of years only (I think since 2001), so there can't be any really old UFOs. I think the oldest UFO is the Hummingbird, it must be 2,5 years old. The WIP I worked on the longest were my Cats for all Seasons, this piece took 3 years to get finished finally.
I guess this number will be beaten, when I finally start some of the pieces I really want to stitch. I don't think I can finish a large TW in under 3 years, especially as I enjoy a rotation with ca. 10 pieces. When I'm done with my Mini-rotation, I want to start some new pieces, I just don't exactly know which ones yet. I have a couple kitted up and I would like to get some, when we finally get new CCs. So I guess I won't be quick in finishing any time soon, unless I go ex rotatio, which I do not plan for an time sonn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home