Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

November 16, 2004
Do you find that having another distraction (music, movies, people to talk to) while stitching helps you make progress or make mistakes?

I usually like my stitching time quiet and peaceful. Usually it's not like that, as I have a one year old distraction who takes care of sound effects :) I got used to it, though and do not mind it very much any more. Usually while stitching in DD's presence, we listen to the radio.
When I'm alone I either listen to my rock CDs or nothing at all. I suspect I might have sensory overload disorder, as I find it extremely difficult to survive two hours at the cinema or even in front of the TV watching films. If I watch (I rarely do) I usually tape and watch afterwards, making pauses to take a breath. I have no problems with shopping malls though, so I'm not sure if it's really sensory overload.
I would like to stitch in front of the TV, watching films with DH, if he was willing to watch something else than thrillers and action films. I do not like them (with the exception of James Bond, who is simply cool :) ) We were talking about watching different kind of films, but never tried it out. What's more DH hates talking while watching films, and I cannot keep my mouth shout in front of the TV LOL. So I guess, it's a lost case.
I don't mind for other people being in the same room while I'm stitching, I can still follow a conversation. But usually I am stitching in the bedroom, before we go to sleep. It's usually my most effective stitching time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home