Thursday, December 02, 2004

Heirloom Christmas Sampler WIP


Victoria Sampler Heirloom Christmas Sampler WIP

I fell in love with this design in September when the SAL on the Rotation Board was planned. Thanks to Fiona I am able to stitch it now and I am enjoying it immensely. The only part of the sampler I do not enjoy that much is the Evil tree on the top. It's truly evil to stitch and like almost everyone I have now my own version of the tree. I still have a part of it waititng to be stitched up, I hope to bite the bullet and finish it after the weekend. There's less than a half left.

I really love how the drawn thread bands are turning up, and actually I think that every single band in this sampler is georgous. It's the definitely the most beautiful Victoria Sampler design. I hope there will be more like this one in the future. I love the elegant, delicate stitches, but I enjoy it more than the white-on-white ones. This is the third piece I hope to get finished before January, maybe even for Christmas.

8 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

Gosia,

There are all lovely, especially Flowers of Joy.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

All of your WIPs look great, Gosia!!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Wow, thanks for sharing your WIPs. You are a wonderful stitcher!

10:44 PM  
Blogger KarenV said...

All your WIPs look fantastic, Gosia, especially HCS! Thanks for sharing :)

8:04 PM  
Blogger tweezle said...

Just stunning, Gosia! I've been following the thread on the Rotation board - that tree must be something, as no one seems to have any fun with it. Wishing you the best with finishing soonly.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Froggie said...

What a beautiful sampler! Your other stitching is very pretty, too. I've added you to my blogroll so I can continue to enjoy your work.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

Gosia this is gorgeous work. Well done! I'm so impressed!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Gosia, it's shaping up beautifully! I can't wait to see the finished piece.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home