Monday, December 13, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

December 13, 2004

Obligation Stitching: Yes? No? Maybe?


A very good question :) I used to do a lot of obligation stitching. Almost only charity squares, nothing for me or my family. But I indeed burnt out with all this charity thing and I'm going to call 2005 "A year of no obligation stitching".

I have never done a real RR, just exchange squares, or ornament RR. I think those are a bit better, because it's easier to catch up if something goes wrong. I do not feel tempted to take part in a real RR, I must confess, but I love our Ornie RR to pieces and I'm going to take part in the next round.

I would like to stitch some pieces for my family, but I'm not going to see them as obligation stitching. I mean - no deadlines. I will be finished when I'm finished, no sooner.

I have never done any model-stitching and I doubt I would make a good model-stitcher. I'm afraid that I would stop liking it very soon, I would be really afraid that I won't like the piece too. I am rather picky in choosing things I stitch and wouldn't want to stitch something I don't love.

So, as I decided not to stitch for charity this year (or at least really minimal), I have great chances 2005 is going to be obligation-free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home