Sunday, December 12, 2004

Stitching Progress and HDs

I have just finished stitching Heirloom Christmas Sampler. I still have the beading left, but the stitches are done, done, done! It really feels great and I love the way it looks like already now. I will be really happy dancing when it's completely finished!

In the meantime I needed some break from bigger projects and have finished three ornies. One was from my Ornie RR, and two were from JCS 2003 ornie issue. They turned out really nice. I am going to give one of them to DH who requested this special one. I hope they turn out nicely when finished-finished. I have already finished one, and I'm quite happy with it. It's the first ornie I've ever finished so it was a bit trying and correcting my technique. It's maybe a little bit too flat, but it's quite a big ornie on the other hand, and I didn't want it to look like a huge pillow LOL. If I'm going to put it on the wall, instead of X-mas tree, it's going to look nice, I hope. I am going to continue ornamntifying this week, just need to get some cording.

Instead of stitching on Flowers of Joy, which I should be, according to my mini-rotation, I decided to attach Catch the Wind. There's very little stitching left on Flowers of Joy, and I would hate to be left with Catch the Wind completely alone. I know I would burn out very quickly. This way I am going to alternate these two (adding the HCS - beading) until I'm finished, hopefully I won't get too bored with the plain cross-stitching on Catch the Wind. After HCS I am so spoilt. Every band was something new, exciting, challanging... I must stitch more samplers. It's really good, that there are some coming in my order...

2 Comments:

Blogger tweezle said...

OOOOHHHH!!! Congrats on the finish! I hope you enjoy beading. I usually let that go to the end, because I'm too chicken to bead and roll it up as I stitch.

What?!!! Not going to do another finish when you are so close?? Don't you know this would be a good reason to add another project in your rotation? Giggle....

Happy dancing for you
Hugs!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Kaya said...

Oh, Gosia, huge congrats! Can't wait to see photos - HCS is one of my favorites! Better hurry up with those finishes - I've been wrapping up your flosses tonight to mail so soon you'll be rolling in the stuff :)

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home