Sunday, January 02, 2005

A bit about my stitching...

2004 Stats

I wanted to publish some stats, as I have been going through my 2004 Excel spreadsheets.

I started 2004 with 4 UFOs and no WIPs (it was short after giving birth to DD).

I finished:
3 medium-large (including one UFO)
16 small
10 ornies

Together 29 pieces and was left with 7 WIPs (including the French Mystery Garden that got finished 45 minutes after midnight).

So as of January 1 I had 6 WIPs and 4 UFOs (one of 2004 starts was moved to UFO status until I decide if I'm going to continue working on it or dekit it).

Which means that I must have started 35 pieces in 2004.

Still I think not bad for a new Mommy, but I hope 2005 is going to be better.

And now to the Guilt Free January:

Actually I was going to start Watergarden during the June SAL, but decided it would have been to much WIPs for me to handle. I have finished 2 and I'm very close to being done on another 3, so I decided that I deserve a new start.

After enlarging and printing out the pattern, and gluing them together, I managed to put first stitches into Watergarden! Yay!

We are slowly starting to get to know each other, the Watergarden and I. I think it's going to be a beautiful affair with a happy end. But I already see him demanding and sophisticated. So I doubt I'm going to betray my Watergarden with another Chatelaine... I'm sure he would take a revenge and it wouldn't be a pretty one. But I do see that he deserves bathing in my non-shared Chatelaine attention and I hope he's going to reward me for my loyalty. I see generosity shimmering deep in his sophisticated soul...

Watch out for next part of the romance and pics when I have more than a couple of scattered stitches!

And I am going to be really *bad* and start Celtic Banner in January too. I have gathered most of the DMC flossies and I'm going to start the inside part, but with some modificatons. I am not very fond of ABCs on my pictures, so I am omitting this part. I wanted to repeat the bottom part on the top, but decided just to skip the letters and go with a much shortened version. It will be much easier to find a space for it in my appartment, which is not very high and the cats can reach quite high. So the shortened version is going to be safer. I am going to order the Wildflowers hopefully in February, if I get the money from DH. Which reminds me that January isn't going to be such a great month stitching-wise, because I have to devote much time to learning. Sigh...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

You had a great stitching year, Gosia. I am hoping that 2005 will be that for me. Enjoy Watergarden. I have a lot of Chatelaines but have found that I can only have one in my rotation of the 3 I have started (and the rest waiting in the wings).

4:49 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

COngratulations on all the finishes. That is an impressive number, no matter what their size!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

Thank you for the laugh Gosia.

I won't be letting any more projects seduce me away from my current WIPs until I get my obligation stitching out of the way.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

You've achieved such a lot in 2004! AND all this on top of having a baby to take care of!

I'm looking forward to reading about your romance with Watergarden. ;)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home