Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question

Which do you prefer and why? "Old-fashioned" black and white symbol-only charts, charts with colored blocks, or charts with a combination of colored blocks and symbols?

I prefer black and white charts with big, clearly visible, esily distunguishable symbols. I hate it, when for example ! and | are very close to each other.

But I also like stitching smaller designs from mags that have a combination of colour and symbol. I don't make working copies then (I'm not taking great care of my mags, if they look used then at least I know I've stitched from them).

I hate charts with only colour shown. I have some DMC books that do that and I really hate it, when I have to think which of the 5 beige shades is this. This should be forbidden by law LOL. If I feel like making changes to the chart I will do them, but if I decide to follow the chart I want clear directions and clear charts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home