Friday, April 22, 2005

I give up!

Yes, you've read right. I'm done, finished. I give up.

How can you feel unloved, unwanted, lonely and sad when you have friends like mine?? It's just not possible!!! Suddenly I'm finding myself surrounded by very dear friends, a feeling I haven't really tasted often in the past :) I am also going to remember this birthday forever, it has been (and still is) so very special.

Stichers are very, very special friends and I will mention here only a few of my very special stitching friends, but I would like to let everyone know that I love you so much and I appreciate your being there.

Mia, thank you so much for the wonderful birthday present, you are a prove that floss faries are very real and they are caring, wonderful creatures. I consider you one of my bestest friends!

Belinda, thank you for the present! It definitely made my day and is still very appreciated. You're the sweetest!

Kaya, thank you so much for being there, when I needed it. Talking to you has helped immensely to make sense of my feelings and of my life again. We share so many experiences and I hope that our friendship is having a very very long way together.

Nicki, your ears (eyes?) have helped a lot to find my balance back. Thank you for letting me whine (hopefully not too often in the future) and sharing my expat experiences.

Rachel, just thank you. Even though, you probabely won't appreciate hearing that, your fighting and not giving up has been inspiring me to keep going more often that I wish to admit. I really hope though, that the pieces of the puzzle will start falling into their places soon and the overall picture is a beautiful one.

Isabelle, thank you for nurturing my inner French :) I hope our friendship will grow and I hope we'll be able to meet soon. You are the geographically closest Internet friend of mine I think :) And I really need to refresh my Fresh, n'est pas?

Anneke, thank you for being there and always having a caring word to cheer me up. I also hope that meeting you will be possible, as I have always wanted to visit the Netherlands.

And a huge thank you to everyone whom I haven't mentioned yet, Christine, Cathy, Anette, Whiz, Karen, Carol, Carleen, Justyna, Vash,...

THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Isabelle said...

There! You've done it. You've made me cry. I got so moved and happy of what you're writing, your words just brought tears to my eyes.

I so want to meet you too! Do come to visit Paris whenever you get the chance!

Gosia, you're bringing so much to us all too. I love reading your posts, I'm so happy when I receive a comment from you, and I miss you when life calls you elsewhere and you can't blog for a while.

So you really have to know too... Thank YOU for being there!

Lots of love xxxx

11:09 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Gosia - I'll be here whenever you need me! Wish you weren't so far away. As for the expat thing - well, it's very, very tough but it does get better!
I'm so glad your birthday was better than you hoped and things aren't so bleak. You take care of yourself! N x

12:25 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

Well, if I ever make it to Berlin, I would definitely want to meet you as well!

Happy (belated) Birthday!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Awww, Gosia. You made me cry too. You are one of my bestest friends too and if I ever get to Europe, you know I will get to Germany somehow to see you. (DH has family in Italy). With me, you will always have a shoulder to cry on, a friend to laugh with, a friend to support you and a floss fairy who just loves shopping for stash whether it is for me or someone else. LOL

3:24 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Hi Gosia!
A belated happy birthday.
And good luck for everything... I read about your schoolworks and I'm very supportive with you...I should work hard too...but...
Love

5:17 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Hi Gosia!
A belated happy birthday. And good luck for everything! I read about your schoolworks and I'm very supportive towards you. I should work hard too...but...
Love

5:19 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am so sorry I missed it :-)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Any time, Gosia! As I've said before, I never realized how supportive stitchers can be, even if you've never met face to face. Glad you enjoyed your big day.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Awww, thanks for mentioning me, Gosia! I'm enjoying getting to know you via the BBs and your blog. I'm glad you were part of my ornament RR group! Feel free to email me any time!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home