Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Being tagged

I have been tagged by several people (thank you very much!), but had to think about it a little bit. I have no idea who I should tag, because everyone seems to have already answered. So even though I won't tag anyone, I wanted to let you know that I really liked reading about your dreams, wishes, ideas...

If I Could ...


I have to choose 5 and then complete the sentence, then I get to tag 3 people:

If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . . .

If I could be a scientist, I would be reasearching artificial intelligence. I am fascinated by this field of science and I can see the influence it is going to have in the future. Think about the nano-robots that can be injected into the body, who can track and destroy cancer without doing any harm to the patient. Think about systems that can "watch" the environment and send pre-processed waves into the brain of people who cannot see. Think about intelligent cars, that drive all alone and avoid crashes.

If I could be a psychologist I would specialize in Reactive Attachement Disorder. It's a very scary disorder, usually only affecting abused or adopted children. There's very little known about it in Europe, even though almost all post-communist countries experince the effects of it, due to a large number of children raised in institutional care. And no one even tries to help them...

If I could be an inn-keeper, I would have a small inn, in a distant, lonely place. I would offer a possibility to stay there to under-priviledged children. The majority of my guests would look for solitude and contact with the nature.

If I could be a librarian, I would run a nice collection of books previously owned by some very old aristocratic family. The collection would have a special history, full of strange, bizzare and half-mysterious facts (like books and people disappearing suddenly, books given as presents to some out of the wedlock children of kings, etc). The atmosphere could be formly breathed in and there would always be a possibility to find long lost letters, poems, signs of the time...

If I could be a writer, I could describe the worlds that live in my head in such a way that everyone would see them immediately. My books would be full of passion and understanding. Nothing would be as it seems and nothing would end as it's supposed to...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

During one of my internships, I met a girl with RAD. It was the saddest situation I had ever seen. Her adoptive parents were wonderful with her though. We are lucky that in the US, there are many resources for supporting children with attachment disorders.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home