Thursday, May 19, 2005

SBQ

How many strands of floss to you prefer to stitch with? Why?

I usually stitch with two strands of floss. I like the coverage on 28 and 32ct and using a loop start makes the back neater. Even if the design uses variegated thread, it's always easier to find a way to weave it in.
I'm not very fond of 3 strands, because of anchoring the thread and also railroading. I usually only railroad on the upper thread, but I like them to lie neatly. I also find 3 strands too bulky, unless it's a light colour on dark background (which I try to avoid anyway).

On 32 and 36ct I also like stitching with only one strand. I find it looks very pretty, very delicate and slightly ancient. I am going to stitch Long Dog's The Token with one strand on 32 or 36 ct and I've been eyeing Needle's Conetent Spanish Samplers (flower and geometric) that I would like to stitch with one strand of Vikki Clayton silk on 32 ct. I'm sure they will look very pretty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Tag!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

You've been tagged :-)

2:20 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh no...do you mind being tagged yet again??? You are very popular! :) There is a book meme--if you are interested take a look at my blog:

http://www.danitorres.typepad.com/peacockfeather
Thanks!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

Hi Gosia, just taking news... I guess you're very busy with your exams at the moment! So, I wish you the very best of luck and strength!
Thinking of you... Hugs!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Gosia, I hope you are well. I haven't seen you blogging or even posting much at The Wagon. Just know that I am thinking of you. Pop in when you can!!

(((((Gosia)))))

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home