Tuesday, May 03, 2005

State of Stitching

I think I'm already emerging from my whining phase for good. Things are as they are, and I think it's time to go back to blogging about more positive things.

So here's my Chatelaine Watergarden WIP. I haven't actually stitched on it almost at all in April, but got some nice progress in March and wanted to show you. Aren't the colours just wonderful?

I don't know what I am going to stitch on in May, I don't want to make any definite plans, as it's been very difficult to stick to any recently, but I most probabely won't touch it this month. I have the new Martina's freebie almost kitted up and I'm going to start it soon (there's a SAL for the freebie this month).

Underneath are my two most recent finishes. Venice Palace got done in March and Tempest blue-green conversion (by Maria - Bragnane) in April.

I guess I don't need to write much about Michael Powell's art, because it's so colourful and so much fun to stitch. I have some other pieces by him waiting to get started. I think Spanish Hill Town is going to be next. I also felt deeply in love with his new release - Handmade Houses. Sooner or later, I'm going to give it a go.

Tempest has been a blast as well. I have never suspected that a TW with all those fractionals and blends can be so much fun. Now I just need to decide which TW piece I am going to start next. English Garden Sampler, Above the Clouds or Byzantine Ornaments. I have all three kitted up (I found a piece of fabric big enough for EGS fortunately) and I would love to start all three at once LOL.

My rotation has been blown up anyway, so I see no reason not to start something if I feel like. I usually do not enjoy having too many WIPs at a time, but I will worry about it later on, at the moment: allowed is what makes fun :)

I find I've had a nice number of finishes this year anyway and even if I don't finish anything at all any more, it would still be OK. Of course I would like to have a couple more and surely I will have, but I won't stress overly over it. I have a number of other pieces I would like to start (or re-start) soon and my rotation will be thrown even more out of balance, but I guess I just declare myself a screamer for the time being and do whatever I fancy ;)



Watergarden

7 Comments:

Blogger Isabelle said...

Oh Gosia ! What a feast for the eyes on your blog this morning! All three look wonderful! So good to see you're itching to stitch again. You're so right about stitching just what you feel like to, just what you find fun to stitch.
I can't take my eyes off your wonderful stitching! Each in their style, your two finishes and your WIP are stunning.

So good to see you look ahead and think about nice and fun things - stitching! :o)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Simply stunning stitching Gosia. I'm very excited to see what the Chateleine piece growing as it's beautiful. Glad to hear that you are feeling a little more positive. I'm sure you will have your ups and downs but we will always be here for you.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Gosia, your stitching is absolutely beautiful. I love all of them and have become a big fan of Michael Powell since I saw stitched models at CATS last year. This may be the year that I splurge and get one. Good for you to pick up your stitching. Remember one day at a time and remember you have friends always at the ready when you need us. (((((Gosia)))))

3:31 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Fantastic job on all of your projects, Gosia! I particularly like the Michael Powell piece.

5:08 PM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

They're all gorgeous! (and I think you should start Above the Clouds... ease into the bigger TW pieces...)

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosia, your finishes look fantastic and Watergarden is looking gorgeous - your stitching is beautiful!

Glad that you're feeling a bit better - a few new starts and a month or so of stitching what you want is a good idea. Keep an eye on your mailbox this week - you may have a surprise that will tempt you to start something else ;)

Karen

5:32 PM  
Blogger MysteryKnitter said...

How pretty sight!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home