Sunday, June 19, 2005

A bunch of SBQs

Because I haven't asnwered them in a couple of weeks, here comes a bunch of questions:

Do you feel the need to stitch a design from a specific designer just to say that you've experienced stitching one of their designs?
I think I have answered this question, when it was asked on the Rotation board, but becaue all the data is still unavailable, I'll do it again.
I usually try to order my rotation by designers, trying not to have multiples by any of them. I just like variety in my stitching and try to replace pieces with a similar one. It works quite well and prevents me from being bored to death by beautiful pieces, whose only fault is that they are just too similar to each other.
I also like being able to say that I've stitched a Chatelaine or a TW ;) I guess, there's a tad of vanity there, but who cares ;) I have yet to finish a real TW BAP or Martina's Mandala, but I know it'll come with time.
I usually try many different designers, because I like variety and challange. I like learning different styles, colour palettes, stitches, design. I am also getting to know the beautiful world of antique samplers, both reproductions and originals, so surely when I go back to work next year, my stash is going to grow and include at least a couple of them :)

What do you like least about cross stitching?
What I like least? Well, I guess that would be frogging and stitching slumps. I usually fudge and very rarely really frog (mostly no one is ever going to notice it), only if it's on crucial parts of the design (like face, etc).
I hate slumping, the feeling that stithing just doesn't make any sense, because you can buy a picture anyway. The feeling that 200 hours put into a design is more than I can afford. Not feeling like touching a needle ever again. I usually slip into slumps either when I'm on holiday which is OK, or when I'm generally very unwell. Those slupms are very hard to overcome.
I also don't like large amounts of backstitching, especially if I left it to the very end. But usually I can motvate myself when there's only backstitching left.

How do you deal a "stitching slump?"
I hate stitching slumps. They usually happen when I'm very unwell psychically and they only make everything worse, because there's nothing I can restort to, to feel any better. It's like feeling to weak to go and find a cure ;) I usually try to read more, because it involves less energy and hope that it's going to go away. I also visit the boards more often and post, go through my stash, my WIPs, think about establishing a new rotation, discuss it on the boards. It helps to know that other people care about me and my stitching ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

I saw that you visited my blog so I came over to see your blog. Very nice.

I can relate to the stitching slump. I have been in a stitching slump for months (and yes, I've also been reading, LOL!). But I have a new mission. I have this great border collie I've had for a couple of months. He's about a year old. I have several cool border collie patterns and I'm thinking of stitching one.

I'm also thinking of putting more cross stitch up on my blog -- border collie patterns, and ALSO, very cool Noah's Ark patterns. I love Noah's Ark patterns! I thought that would make a cool topic. What do you think?

Candice
http://yankeedaddy.blogspot.com/

1:41 AM  
Blogger Candice said...

Oh, one more thing. Yes, I'd like to be able to say I stitched a TW. (She DOES have a Noah's Ark, you know.)

Candice

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home