Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Back in Poland

After two weeks stay in B. I'm back in Poland now for a fortnight.

These have been very intensive two weeks on any level I can think of. I have managed to find an appartment for me and DD (we'll be moving mid-August), get quite a lot of paperwork sorted out. I filed for a divorce (the bad news that it's going to take 1.5 years, sigh - standard time in Germany), sorted things out with my company - I'm going back to work on Oct 1st and made the first step towards getting my debt sorted out. Altogether my STBXH left me with an enormous pile of debt (and believe me I'll rather shoot myself before I give a credit card with my name on it to anyone again) but at least it's over now, no need to be afraid of him again. There's still a lot of paperwork left to do, still no daycare space for DD, etc. but things are starting to get clearer.

As for my relationship with T. Well... Things are almost too good to be true. And I've learnt the hard way, that when things are too good to be true, they usually are too good to be true. I'm thankful for these two weeks, we won't be seeing each other and will have time to digest what happened, I'm just anxious to see the results of this process.

I'm craving security and stabilization so much, the wonderful feeling of having ground under my feet again. But it's a very very long road till there. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger?

DD is coping somehow with everything. She shows some distress, but we try to shelter her as much as we can. Still it's going to be bloody hard for her. New appartment, much smaller than the one we had, daycare, Daddy not at home any more, Mommy disappearing for weeks and then again. I hope she's young enough to go through all this without deeper inner wounds, I'll do my very best to help her.

8 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

I think if you give herself a chance, you'll find you're stronger than you think.

{Hugs}

1:34 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

{{{hug}}}

2:20 PM  
Blogger Froggie said...

I was in a similar situation, but with 2 children, in my twenties. God will give you all the strength you need.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Gosia, I am glad to hear that things are sorting out for you. You are a very strong woman. Don't forget that. As for your DD, she will be just fine. Children have a way of adapting much better than adults. Just give her tons of hugs and cuddles and love and positive things and she will be just fine!!!

As always, here are some (((((hugs))))) and prayers and good thoughts!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

Glenda's right - you're stronger than you think. And you have us to lean on...

{{{hug}}}

9:09 PM  
Anonymous KarenV said...

{{{Gosia}}}

9:52 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Gosia,
Wonderful to hear from you and to know you are beginning to do much better! I feel for you - this is such a terrible situation - you have friends out here in the world for you

{{{Hugs}}}

Carol

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yep, Glenda's got it. You never know your own strength until it's tested. And boy sweetie, are you being tested! You and your DD are in my thoughts and (((((hugs))))) to you both!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home