Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Getting used to work...

Last post got deleted, because T. was not happy with me blogging about him so openly. We talked about it several more times and it seems that he's OK with that now, but for the time being, I'll rather stay away from talking about him ;) There are some things I would like to talk about, but I guess I better keep it private. I would like to talk to someone who has some experience with stepchildren issues. Please write me at gosiuniek AT gmx DOT de or just let me know in the comments and I'll write you. Thanks!

It's my third week at work and I'm slowly getting used to it. It's a really slow process, as the two years were a really long time. But I'm starting to acquire some routines and my computer is finally installed! DD seems to be happy at her daycare, she fusses a bit on Monday mornings, but besides, she interacts well with the children and caregivers. She even seems to miss her daycare at the weekends.

I have started my last term at school and it's going to be a really hard one. I have three big projects to prepare and of course I have to finish my Master thesis until early March. Besides I need to pass some Microsoft exams before January. It seems that my plate is really going to be very full until March. I think I'm going to sit down during the weekend and try to plan all those things somehow. Quite a change after my SAHM life, I must admit.

Besides life is quite OK. It still does hurt a lot and it's going to take years until I feel secure again, but I'm sure I'll manage. I still haven't gone back to stitching, but I hope I'll manage to sqeeze something small before X-mas. I also have Christmas Heirloom Sampler finished, so I may just frame it and be happy ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I've got stepkids (now in their teens) - feel free to drop me an email :)

{{hug}}

2:31 PM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

Hey Gosia, it's nice to hear from you. Good luck with that final term! It sounds like you've made such a long way since last Spring... Wow.

((((hugs))))

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gosia,

good to hear you write so optimistic! Am glad for you!

So far, I have no experience with stepkids (not even with own kids), but if you will feel that you would like to share your ideas (and sometimes whines, we all know how it goes) about how hard it is to blend work and studying and homemaking, drop me a mail at fionna at seznam dot cz, I will be more then happy to share these moments with you!

fionnola (now blogging at http://trissiegirl.blogspot.com/)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home