Thursday, October 27, 2005

SBQ & Christmas presents & Anything that comes to my mind...

So, I'm going to start answering SBQs again, I've missed them. I am still not stitching yet, but I hope that browsing your blogs, watching all the wonderful progress, answering SBQs and a planned session of stash-fondling (planned for todays afternoon) will do the trick in the end. I know already that most propabely I am going to start stitching Dracolair's Dawn Awakening first. There are no feelings attached to this piece and T. seems to like the draggie (I adore it in the first place) so it's a good candidate. I also think I have it fully kitted, so there should be no problem to just sit down put it on the q-frame and stitch.

Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn’t respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it’s never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you’ve been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it’d happen to you?

I consider a giftz "gone" the moment it's been given and try to enjoy my good feeling of having given a hand-made gift and do not ask what happened to it ;) I find it easier this way :) As my stitching is usually very limited by real life, I rarely give stitched gifts. I wish I could do it more often and I hope it's going to happen, but at the moment it just ain't happening. I would like to stitch at least one ornie per child for Christmas, but until I start stitching again, I can't plan it. I would also like to stitch something for T., as unfortunately TW's Tempest got lost in space somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm into stitching him once more or if I just stick to Dawn Awakening.

Speaking of Christmas presents or presents in general... All three kids have birthday withing a month or so. Add Santa and Christmas and T's birthday that is shortly after New Year and you see the necessity to commit a bank robbery ;) I wish all this could be spread over the year more evenly. Originally I wanted to make quilts for the children for Christmas, but I know no way at the moment I could actually finish them. I'd still like to have something hand-made for all of them, just because I think it would be good for them. I just need to think what it should be, especially for an 8yo boy it's not going to be easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I can sympathize with the date clumping - my anniversary, Christmas, and DH's birthday are all within a week of each other!

3:17 PM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

Enjoy stitching Dawn Awakening... I sure did!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home