Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The weekend

Last week I got a nasty UTI, so I wasn't in the mood to write anything. Fortunately it got much better till Friday, so we still could follow our plans for the weekend.

Saturday was Allie's second birthday and we decided to celebrate it outside of Berlin. We went to a riding farm in Poland and had a blast! We could all ride (and I didn't forget everything, just the half LOL - I felt so awkward in the sattle, I knew what to do, but my muscles did not comply). T. tried riding as well and he seems to have caught the bug. He's already talking about going riding soon again :) The children liked the farm as well, so I'm quite sure it's not the only time we went there. It's less than two hours drive from the centre of Berlin and the prices are OK. Of course it's still a lot of money to pay for the 5 of us, but I hope we'll be able to afford it from time to time :)

Allie's father did not bother to call or send her anything :( I feel so sorry for her, even though she doesn't really suffer because of it at the moment. For a two-year-old those months she hasn't seen him are enough to stop missing him, but I know it's going to have consequences in the future, sigh... My poorest baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger natty68 said...

Glad you all enjoyed the horseriding :-)

Shame about Abbie's father, but the main thing is that she had a good birthday and was with you and T. These are the times that she will remember not that her father forgot her birthday when she was two.

*hugs*

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl. My ex is just the same, he lets my little girl (now 3) down all the time and she does wonder what she's done to deserve it. Just do what you are doing now, it's the best thing for her.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home