Monday, February 27, 2006

Misc.

You know you're working hard if you go to work to have a rest, LOL. I do feel like that now. We worked in the new appartment the whole weekend and we managed to get some walls painted. We also assembled the bedroom furniture and started on the kitchen. The bedroom turned out a bit darker than I actually wanted, but it's still very nice. It's more peachy than cream now and with the birch furniture looks really bright and happy. We only need curtains and quilt in more jewel colours or it will look like a teenage girl room LOL. We still like it very much, though.

The kitchen is started, but we couldn't place the cabinets yet, as the plumbers were not ready yet. Hopefully today they will be finished today.

It's fairly cold here, but the weather is great and it's such a pity to spend the whole time inside, but hopefully next week we'll have some time to rest and walk a bit. I also awfully miss my stitching. I have so little time, but I am so out of my stitching slump and enjoying and missing my MotG so much. I want her finished for the new appartment as soon as possible, LOL. STBXH took every single framed stitching piece, so I have nothing to put on the walls now. Thank's God I had a couple of my favorite pieces not framed yet, so I can go through them and frame, sometimes procrastination turns out to be a good thing :)

I also wanted to tell you more about the house we'll be living in. It's a fairly old house, XIXth century I think. our appartment is on the 1st floor in the front house. The house belongs to the Catholic Church :) But the most amazing thing about it are the neigbours! See, living in Berlin you're used to not knowing your neighbours, unless they make parties during the night and you can't sleep LOL. In the last couple of days we've been working on the appartment we've been greeted by 4 (!) families living there!!! Two of them have little girls, around Alizée's age, they all attend the Catholic daycare DD will go to either in April or September and one of the girls was born the same year as DD, which means they will be in the same daycare group and then school (we want to send her to the Catholic school too). And the neighbours living on our floor are Polish too and have a little girl. I'm falling in love with house really fast, LOL.

8 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful neighbors!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Von said...

How wonderful to feel so welcome in your new neighborhood! I hope all the projects come together soon. :D

7:49 PM  
Blogger KarenV said...

I'm so glad you've found a great new home Gosia. I hope you'll be happy there :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

wow Gosia, it sounds like this was meant to be! I'm so happy for you, having nice neighbours and even Polish ones too (I know that must be extra nice)

9:19 PM  
Blogger ~Harsha~ said...

how wonderful to be having great neighbours!!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Gosia, that house sounds like a perfect place for you to live! I hope you're really happy there.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

Gosia, that's all GREAT news! I'm so happy for you my friend :) ((((hugs!))))

4:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

The place sounds wonderful and having friendly neighbors (with kids) is definely a plus.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home