Thursday, April 20, 2006

WWI , Easter, Baptism & Co.

Let's start with the least pleasant facts:

Start weight: 170
Last week: 162,5
Current weight: 165,5 unfortunately :(
Not that I didn't expect it after Easter with my parents, DD's baptism, but I'm still not happy about it. I hope that next week everything is back to normal and I'll start losing weight again. I know I need to cut sweets and bad carbs much more than I do at the moment, especially at work (I'm much better at home), but I have such problem to get up in the morning and prepare propoer food for myself, sigh...

And now back to last week. On Thursday DBF took me to the only stitching shop in Berlin to make up for the not-very-pleasant birthday. The whole week was difficult, because DD was running very high fever and was generally very cranky, but on Thirsday she felt much better so we went. We had a dinner in a very cool Italian restaurant. Very yummy and DD was so well behaved (well, she knocked her water glass off the table, but it didn't break, so...) Then we went to the LNS. Unfortunately even though I really wanted to give them some money it turned out to be almost impossible. There are not many German designers whose work I really like, but there are some. I hoped to find at least some kits by Der Feine Faden, but no luck. I went through UB-Designs patterns and found some I liked, but whenever I liked something the shops didn't have the right banding for it. In the end I took 3 of the UB-Designs, but I'll have to order the banding over the Internet. What's the point in running a shop if you don't carry anything? I aslo wanted to get some Tentakulum hand-dyed silk for exchanges or RAKs, but they also stopped carrying it, sigh... Still it was fun to be able to go to that shop. DBF really liked the models shown in the shop and he was very encouraging as far as shopping is concerned :) He said he liked most of the pieces and wanted me to buy some patterns and kit them up. I guess he's really a keeper :)

We asked our friend Dirk and my brother to be DD's godfathers. Unfortunately on Good Friday my brother got attacked by a drunken man on his way back from work. He lost 2 front teeth, has a broken nose and has wounds from his broken glasses. Fortunately, neurologically he's completely OK, but still he wasn't able to come. I'm really furious about it and even more about the timing. I so wanted to get to know his girlfriend and I wanted him to be DD's godfather. My Mom stepped in instead.

Easter and the baptism itslef were very nice. The weather was not great, but quite OK and DD was very well nehaved in the church. I was expecting at least some drama, but no. She was afraid of what was happening but snugged tightly with my Mom and stayed calm. She just didn't let us put the flower band on her head during the Mess, but after the church decided she liked them :) so she even got some photos wearing it LOL. I loved the Mess, it was very beautiful and I loved the way the priest addressed me and DBF as a family and our situation in the homily.

We went to a garden afterwards and we all had fun (especially DD on the playground LOL). It was a very nice day and I'm happy everything went without problems.

I have been thinking about visiting Poland and my home town in May. There's going to be 10 year graduation reunion organized either on the 13th or the 20th of May. We'll see... We're going to DBF's home town on May 3rd to visit his parents and I'm really looking forward to it. I love travelling with DBF and his home town - Wroclaw is really beautiful. I'm sure it's going to be fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Isabelle said...

Congratulations on your DD's baptism!
But what happened to your brother is terrible! :(

I'm sure Spring will make the weightloss easier :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Gosia, I hope your brother recovers quickly from his attack. How awful to lose teeth!
Glad baptism day was pleasant for all of you.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Did you get to Poland? How was it?

2:22 AM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

Hi Gosia, are you OK? I miss you! Hope all is well.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home