Sunday, January 06, 2008

A little bit of everything

This year's Christmas and New Years Eve haven't made me re-think my life as much as they usually do, they went by somehow unnoticed, but still it's a good time to stop for a while. 2007 was so full of events, that sometimes even I get lost.

We split up with T. My friendship relationship with DBF changed to not-only-friendship relationship. We moved in together. We had to adjust to each other. His sons moved out and away from here. DD had a hard time adjusting, DBF had a hard time adjusting. I had a hard time adjusting. I lost my job. I had a hard time adjusting. DBF, DD and I grew together and consider ourselves a true family now. Financial problems. We're trying to figure out if we should stay in Berlin or move to the south-west Germany. I made a plan for learning and getting a new job. I have a hard time sticking to it (I'm already behind 2-3 weeks). I gained a lot of weight. We celebrated X-mas and New Year at my parents.

2008 sees our relationship strong and stable, actually I can't remember being so happy in my life. Of course, nothing is so perfect that it can't get better, but we're going in the right direction.

What needs attention most is of course the work situation or rather the lack thereof. The two most important things at the moment is to graduate and to pass the Java and J2EE exams. Actually this has been my goal for some time, but I never came round to actually doing it. But now I'm on the right track, even if I'm not travelling as fast as I'd like, I need to get more structured and stop losing time in most stupid ways and then I should be fine.

January and February will be very busy with my thesis and preparing for the exams, so I don't plan much more for this time. But I want to get some of my life back, then. I want to read more, start stitching again, meet my friends more often, spend quality time with DBF. I also need to take care of myself more. Lose weight again, have my hair done, buy some clothes, exercise. And have all those activities integrated in my daily life.

I also need to work through some thoughts and feelings. I may go for another round of counselling or just think and write, write, write. The issues are not huge, but still sometimes they hurt and sometimes they make life a bit more difficult.

I hope for a good year in 2008 and I feel that achieving it lies in my hands, it doesn't depend on some kind of dark and unpredictable fate. I have a wonderful family, now I need to take care of the rest of my life and deep inside I am optimistic about it.

I would like to wish everyone:

A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I hope 2008 is a good year for you and your family:)

I am glad to see you are blogging again...I have missed your posts.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home